Top 10 Chef's Knives
Welcome to our Top 10 list – And this time we will go over one of the most important tools we use in the kitchen: The Chef’s knife. We all know how important it is to have a good knife when we work in the kitchen, each task requires a use of a specific knife, but we have the one knife every home cook or professional chef use and that is the chef’s knife.
Each home cook or professional chef has its own preferences when it comes to his cooking tools and kitchen gadgets. The most important thing is that whoever uses the knife will be comfortable using it and will feel safe, as kitchen safety is one of the most important aspect of cooking. A comfortable knife will make cooking easier, quicker, safer and ultimately better.
Let’s start our top 10 list of chef’s knives, and as always comment with your favorite chef’s knife or any other suggestion.
10. This entry to the list is a great knife for beginners that don’t want to go spending too much money on their chef’s knife. This 8-inch German stainless steel made by J.A Henckels International is a must have in every kitchen. Perfect blade shape for mincing, chopping, slicing and dicing. Full-tan triple-rivet handle for maximum comfort and ease of use. Dishwasher safe and a lifetime limited manufacturer warranty. A great buy for the novice chef.
9. The next chef’s knife on the list is also ideal for the less savvy cooks. The Victorinox 8-inch Rosewood is a great choice for all you everyday kitchen needs, it is designed for chopping, cutting, slicing and dicing. The rosewood handle is comfortable and practical, it is crack resistance, each handle has a unique natural beauty and will not discolor or corrode. The triple-rivet handle design help with the balance and ease of use, for the perfect performance each time. Expertly crafted in Switzerland, it is designed for everyday kitchen use and comes with a lifetime warranty. Get yours today and start chopping.
8. Tojiro DP Gyuto 8.2-inch Chef’s knife. Another great buy as a first Chef knife, easy to use, comfortable grip, usable for left and right-handed cooks. The famous Japanese precision is shown once again with this great knife. The value is definitely in this knife.
7. The 8-inch F.Dick Chef’s knife is another great knife made in Germany with the famous German quality and precision. The handle has three metal rings around it to replace the more common rivets. Great performance each time, perfect for chopping, cutting, slicing and dicing. A bit more expensive than the previous two knives on our list but worth every $. Maximum quality and optimum handling design.
6. The Zelite Infinty 8-inch Chef knife Alpha-Royal Series is another knife representing the great Japanese range. A visually stunning knife that will impress the professionals and home cooks altogether. Razor sharp blade made from Japanese stainless steel with a Japanese Tsunami Rose Damascus Pattern. Long lasting performance and comfort. The handle is rounded and has triple-rivet to ensure comfort, strength, durability and a safe grip. Perfect for any kitchen job. Satisfaction guaranteed so get yours today.
5. The Global G-2 8-inch Chef’s knife is the next up the list. Japanese maker Global done it again with a lightweight, precisely balanced knife. Easy to use for cutting, chopping, slicing and dicing. Stainless steel handle for comfort and dimpled for safe grip. The sharp edge will retain sharpness exceptionally well. A great buy, useful, comfortable and beautiful.
4. Another German entry to the list and this time it’s with the Wusthof Classic 8-ince Chef’s knife. The price point is a bit higher than the other German knives we’ve seen earlier but this model will fulfill all your kitchen needs, perfect for cutting, slicing, chopping and dicing. Ergonomic handle for comfortable use and safe grip. Forged high-carbon stainless steel that will remain sharp for longer.
3. Another German entry and another great product by Frider.Dick – This Premier Plus 8-1/2 inch Chef’s knife is beautiful and efficient at the same time. The knife is forged from a single piece of steel which makes it more durable and stronger. The blade, bolster and full tang are optimized for weight distribution. The handle is made from a durable food-safe plastic. The special technique used to harden this knife provides a long edge retention and will protect against wear and tear. With a price tag that can compete with most knives, this is a bargain that you shouldn’t miss.
2. Here we go with another German master piece – The ZWILLING J.A. Henckles Professional “S” 10-inch Chef’s knife is a beast in the kitchen. It will handle any cutting, slicing, chopping and dicing with amazing ease and great comfort. Laser controlled sharpness makes it a mean working machine. It has a traditional design and the handle designed with a triple-rivet to ensure comfort, strength, durability and a safe grip. This knife is made by pros for the pros and aspiring pros. Get your today.
1. The top knife on our top 10 list of chef’s knife is a Japanese brand that is liked by many professional chefs and home cooks alike. The beautiful design and performance makes the Miyabi Kaizen 8-inch Chef knife our number 1 pick. Authentic Japanese blade profile, VG10 super steel. 65-layer flower Damascus design with Katana edge makes this knife a piece of beauty. It will slice, dice, cut and chop everything you need and the special designed handle will allow you to do it with ease, grace and comfort. If you haven’t used the Miyabi knives before, do yourself a favor and get one today, you will thanks us later.